Let’s help your home successfully ‘date’ and make buyers fall in love!
First Date – The first “showing” is online. Think about dating sites, the photo and profile make you take action – either positive or negative! Your property online needs to be attractive, engaging and make the buyer want to know more.
Photos matter – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen listings with dark photos, or worse – no photos. Marketing needs to engage prospective buyers and entice them to make an appointment. The lead photo should be emotionally engaging. Professional, creative marketing matters!
“People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.” – Zig Ziglar
Staging is a great investment – Just like with relationships, after you’re in love, you might curl up in your sweats and watch a movie – it doesn’t really matter. But the first date is different! Your home needs to put on it’s best ‘face, best outfit,’ and make an impact in the first 5 seconds. Home buying decisions are made first on emotion, then justified with analysis.
Top 5 Tips for Staging Success:
- Remove family pictures – think of how “model” homes look. Your family photos make a psychological statement that it’s YOUR home and creates a hurdle and distraction for buyers. You want your home to be the center of attention, not you and your family.
- De-clutter – that means not only the “stuff” that lays around, but may mean putting some extra furniture in storage, clearing out closets, etc.
- Scents matter – if you have pets, make sure to clean the carpets, keep the litter box clean daily and use air fresheners. Potpourri and scented candles make a big impact.
- Yards, Garages & Basements – the same applies. Make sure the exterior “pops.” As buyers walk up, the house should be attractive, clean and look like it’s in good repair. All that ‘stuff’ we accumulate needs to be organized and tucked away.
- Get a storage unit – prepare to move. It’ll help the home sell, and make the closing less stressful. The cost of storage is well worth it! Start moving extra stuff you don’t use daily into storage. Your home will show better, and you’ll be ahead of the curve when it comes time to move.
Vacant homes need professional staging to provide a sense of warmth and livability that people can’t visualize. At your sellers consultation we’ll go over more details and tips for success, specific to your property.
Marketing your home is like theatre. There should be “sizzle” when the ‘curtain goes up’ and we release the listing. The first 7 days are the most important. That’s when a “buzz” is created and your listing gets the highest visibility and best offers.
For more details on today’s market and how to help your home find a new ‘love’ – contact me for a confidential consultation.